SUEA cover Japan Korea and Taiwan. Service unit
sales of ship engines
LNG power plants
maintenance service for such engines/powerplants
The preferred location of the position is Japan (Tokyo) or Korea.
As part of SUEA MT (Management Team) you get to work with these challenges:
· What does our future business look like?
· What do we need to do to achieve our targets?
· What should we do differently in order to reach our targets?
· Strategy creation and turning strategy into concrete actions
· Reaching the SU(Services Unit) financial targets
We trust you are a financial expert with strong business acumen and relentless focus on
performance. In addition, this is what we need to complement the team:
• Proactivity: you understand the big picture and can connect it to financial information, and catch issues before these turn into problems.
• Challenger: you support the management team, challenge the team members, and push for
actions. We need your help in challenging the status quo. Don’t let us settle with the obvious solution.
• Motivation, Curiosity and Vision: you want to know how the future looks like and be part
of shaping it.
• Networking & Relationship building: you are a key player in connecting the Areas and
Service Units with the Product Line operations function
Main responsibilities will consist of but not be limited to:
· Consolidate the financial performance of the Services Unit to steer and develop the business performance.
· Lead, develop and manage the business controlling activities in the SU and ensure global
implementation and harmonization of way of working, guidelines, documentation, IT tools and
· Support management team in defining and creating long-term financial planning and follow up.
· Ensure that requirements and plans including global policies and procedures to support
organizations performance are implemented.
· Support and drive assigned business development project/initiatives.
· Act as a true business partner to the SU Director and SU management team.
Skills and experience that will help you thrive in this position are:
· a solid track record of related work experience in a global setting. Good track record in conceptual and structured working.
· Proven leadership and change management skills.
· Excellent customer Focus and Services mind-set.
· Influencing, co-operation and negotiation skills, also in a matrix setting, coupled with the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
· Good knowledge of most of the following: corporate governance, forecasting, profitability
analysis, credit management, IFRS, internal controls and auditing, reporting and analyzing skills, econometrics.
· Cognos, QlikView and SAP skills
Predecessor transferred to a different department so this is backfill. Position open since August -no pipeline now. stated looking for external candidates since August.
this service unit provides maintenance to customers who purchase their engines.
Service unit also has a sales until for field services
reporting to SUEA Director located in Tokyo. his boss reports to the functional head in Singapore. Middle east Asia business controller director
business development and consulting b/g is helpful. analyzing gaps in sales potential. work closely with sales team to help proposal making.
This person will manage subordinates in the future, but none in the beginning.
There are about 40 people in the Tokyo office -mostly sales people
Business Controller SUEA (Service Unit East Asia)
Seeking a heavyweight Business Controller to join the SUEA team and to lead the
business controlling activities in the Services Unit. In this position you will be a member of SUEA Management Team and report to SUEA Director and in matrix to Area Director Business Control.