Senior Project Manager （SPM） will be responsible and accountable for smooth execution of projects. SPM will liaison with customer manager / stakeholder for daily operations of the project. SPM will involve into both technical and managerial （administrative） task to ensure smooth progress. SPM must be critical thinkers and problem－solvers with great attention to detail. Excellent communication and people skills are required. Ensuring that all projects are delivered on－time, within scope and within budget. Able to manage Japanese Customer expectations and must be a cultural fit into a team of international members.
The successful candidate will have proven skills with appropriate professional experience and a detailed knowledge of insurance industry’s best practice processes. Knowledge of Legacy application is desirable. Candidate should also manage team in an Onsite－ Offshore model. Cross cultural understanding and international exposure will be good.
1. Plan, organize, control and execute Projects.
2. Manage Resource as required for the project. Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time－to－market and optimal resources. Teams are located at various geo graphical locations.
3. Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
4. Handle Project budget and ensure cost effectiveness
5. Evaluate insurance product （life/J） solutions both internally and with customer.
6. Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
7. Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
8. Report and escalate to management as needed. Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
9. Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
10. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
1. University Degree.
2. Proven working experience （approximately 15 years or above） as a project administrator in the information technology sector.
3. Solid technical background, with understanding or hands－on experience in software development and web technologies.
4. Excellent client－facing and internal communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred – good Japanese Language bi－lingual resources.
5. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi－tasking skills.
6. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
7. Good People management skills. Must be a team player. Ability to manage Japanese personnel and expectations.
8. Bi－lingual Preferred.